A few weird things about Oklahoma that I am still getting used to.
1. People would usually ask how your day was, how you are doing as a form of manners? I have no clue how to reply questions like that.
eg 1.
person: "How was your day?"
me: "Great. (Lie. My day was just ok.) How was yours?"
person: "Terrific!"
me: "Erm..ok" *tries to smile*
Basically everyone's day is terrific and great and awesome.
They also like to ask very different kinds of questions.
eg 2.
person: "How do you like it back in Malaysia?"
me: "............"
I don't know! I've just never been asked that before and it's not the kind of question someone who have normally asked me. Even till now, I have no adequate response to that.
2. There are gaps in between the door and the walls of the cubicles so I can literally see people walking past me outside while I pee. It makes me feel so insecure oh my gosh!!
3. People will generally always open the door for you! Like strangers would rush in front of me and open the door for me. Which is super nice. I love it!
4. I am always starving because I don't really like the food here. Omg. And I always eat too slow to have time to get seconds because all my friends would be leaving already
5. You don't always have to be with someone in college. I'm alone most of the time. And that's not as bad as I thought it would be.
6. The American Dream is a overly glamorize idea by Hollywood that doesn't exist.
7. I don't have a curfew and I can come home whatever time I want but there is literally nowhere to go in Oklahoma.